Masters in Scientific Computing - Entrance Exam 2019
If you are facing difficulties with the eligibility while
applying for M.Sc. (Scientific Computing) contact or visit ISSC
Nature of the Entrance Exam 2019
This year onwards the extrance exam will be conducted online. The exam will be conducted in the following
cities accross India : Ahmedabad, Amravati, Aurangabad, Banglore, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Delhi, Gadchiroli, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagar, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Solapur.
Candidates can select any of these cities as their examination centre.
The Entrance examination will be of 100 marks with multiple choice questions (MCQ).
The entrance paper will conists of two sections with 1/3 -ve marks for every wrong answer.
1. Section I - General knowledge / aptitude / logic / comprehension - 20 marks
2. Section II - Subject specific - 80 marks (see below for syllabus)
M.Sc. Entrance Exam 2019 : Important dates
- Date and Time of Entrance Exam: Between 10th and 20th June 2019
- Start date of online application: 3rd JUNE 2019
- Last date of online application : 25th MAY 2019
- B.C.S./B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- B.E (Computer Science/ IT /E & TC/Instrumentation & allied areas)
- It is required that the candidates had Maths at 11th & 12th standards.
- The admissions will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 - A
(Ordiance No. 181-A)
Syllabus for entrance examination
The test will have two sections.
Section one will contain question on logic, comprehension and general aptitude.
Section two for M.Sc. - Scientific Computing is divided into the following three parts:
- Part I
- Logic :-
Set Theory, Venn Diagrams, Counting Principle
Diagrams and Equations based questions
- Part II
- Elementary mathematics :- Functions, Graphs, Polynomial Equations, Differential and Integral Calculus.
Geometry and Mensuration, Matrices, Liner Equations
Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Probability and Statistics
- Part III
- Computer Science :- Computer Fundamentals (Number representation, etc.), C - Programming, Algorithms (Searching, sorting, time complexities, etc) and Data Structures (Stack, Queue, Link list, trees, etc.).
Model of Question Paper
- Number of Questions : 60 (20 Questions Apptitude (1 marks) & 40 Questions Part I, II and III (2 marks))
- Marks per question : Section 1 :- 1 marks, Section 2 :- 2 marks
- Total Marks : 100
- Negative marking : -1/3 for each WRONG answer
- Attested copy of final year mark sheet if qualifying degree is already obtained
OR attested copy of your previous year mark sheet, if appearing for qualifying exam during academic year 2018-19.
- Attested copies of caste certificate and non-creamy layer certificates as applicable.
- Attested copy of domicile certificate OR certificate of SSC and HSC examinations if candidate is domicile
- Medical Certificate in case of Physically handicapped
Exam Fees (Tentative)
Open Category : 500/-
Reserved Category : 350/-
Fees can be paid Online or Offline (cash) through challan (any Bank of Maharashtra/HDFC branch).
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEES ONCE PAID SHALL NOT BE REFUNDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
INCLUDING THE FEES OF THE NON ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES SUCH AS NON-SCIENCE GRADUATES
OR CANDIDATES NOT HAVING MATHEMATICS AT 12th LEVEL.